- This event has passed.
Child Protection – Refresher – NSW – JUN
27 June | 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Children and young people form some of the most vulnerable groups in our society. Protect the children in your care by knowing when to step in.
This online training session is designed to keep you up to date with current NSW Child Protection legislation and mandatory reporting requirements.
This workshop identifies and explores types of abuse and neglect, our legislative responsibilities, ensuring educators are aware of Child Protection law, including our obligations as Mandatory Reporters and understanding how to apply this in practice.
- How to identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Identifying risk factors
- Understanding legislative responsibilities
- Understanding reporting obligations as a Mandatory Reporter
- Providing a Child Safe environment
- Applying ethical practices to support children and families