- This event has passed.
Making Real Connections to Support & Guide Children’s Behaviour
1 June | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This webinar focusses on Quality Area 5, exploring what challenging behaviours look like, why they occur and what environmental and social factors impact and influences these behaviours in children. We explore strategies to support educators to maximise opportunities for connection with children. We reflect on our own practices and explore various considerations and how we as a team of educators, can best support and guide children through our approach and practice.
- Identify what are challenging behaviours?
- Explore and establish why challenging behaviours can occur
- Exploring approaches and strategies to connect to and support all children
- Understanding the impact of the environment and experiences provided that could impact on children’s behaviour
- Understand the importance of real connections and relationships with children
- Reflection on our approach & practices and how this can influence a child’s behaviour
- Identifying tools to support and guide children’s behaviour and our practice.
Links to NQF:
- QA 5- Relationships with Children
Links to Learning Framework:
Principle; Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships, Partnerships.
Practice; Responsive to children, Play- based learning and intentionality, Learning environment.
Training Presenter: Sarah Hearne | Children First Training
Sarah our trainer and facilitator is excited to meet you at one of her training opportunities. When you meet her, you’ll be as excited as her to further grow and nourish your knowledge. Her passion shines as each and every training session is an opportunity for her to also grow and learn from you! She believes that it is vital that we embrace a learning culture with all stakeholders in ECE.