- This event has passed.
Reflecting on Group Times, their Purpose and Audience
Tuesday October 18, 2022 | 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
How are group times working for you? Are you finding it challenging? Hard to engage the group and maintain their attention? Running dry on ideas? Need support on providing an inclusive approach? During this webinar we reflect on the concept and challenge the idea of group times. We reference Quality Area 1 and reflect on how children benefit from the concept of group time and explore alternatives to achieve the same outcomes with an inclusive approach. This webinar would suit educators who are new to their role or those who are looking for alternatives to include in their practice to support the best interest of the child.
- Establish the ‘why’ and benefits of group experiences.
- Explore alternative methods to achieve the same learning outcomes.
- Implement practice that is child centred and responsive to the children in your group.
- Create and support learning opportunities for children with an inclusive approach.
- Reflect on educators’ current practices to ensure we are guided by the best interest of the child.
Training Presenter: Kirralea Lyneham – Children First Training
Kirralea is a genuine advocate for the wellbeing of children, specialising in training child protection, children’s health & safety, guiding & supporting children’s behaviour and wellbeing. She lives and breathes early childhood education and it shines in her training.
Working as both a Trainer and Educator, she loves bringing her training to life with real and current experiences to support the learning of educators.
Kirralea has 25 years experience in the Early Childhood sector as an ECT, Manager and Director in Long Day Care and Preschool services – including working in a remote community on Magnetic Island in North Queensland. She has also enjoyed teaching at TAFE NSW and Open Colleges as both a Trainer and Assessor.