- This event has passed.
Just Jump! Risk in Play
Thursday October 27, 2022 | 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm
Offering risk to children has benefits to their growth and development and makes for an
exhilirating program but what is the difference between a risk and hazard? This webinar
will provide you with a re-imagining of risk in play.
- Define risk and hazard and compare and contrast
- Re-think the affordance of freedom and discuss examples of how this human need can be safely nurtured in centre-based care and family day care
- Develop risk assessments that clearly display hazards and minimisations and draw attention to risk benefits
- Design risk taking opportunities using physical and emotional risk taking examples
- Rehearse and discuss ways of advocating for risk taking using documentation and partnerships with families.
QA 1 Educational program and practice
QA 2 Children’s health and safety