- This event has passed.
Making Real Connections to Support & Guide Children’s Behaviour
10 May | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Behaviour Management what’s it all about?–Gaining control or gaining an understanding?
This webinar focusses on Quality Area 5, exploring what challenging behaviours look like, why they occur and what environmental and social factors impact and influences these behaviours in children. We explore strategies to support educators to maximise opportunities for connection with children. We reflect on our own practices and explore various considerations and how we as a team of educators, can best support and guide children through our approach and practice.
- Identify what are challenging behaviours?
- Explore and establish why challenging behaviours can occur
- Exploring approaches and strategies to connect to and support all children
- Understanding the impact of the environment and experiences provided that could impact on children’s behaviour
- Understand the importance of real connections and relationships with children
- Reflection on our approach & practices and how this can influence a child’s behaviour
- Identifying tools to support and guide children’s behaviour and our practice
Training Presenter: Kirralea Lyneham – Children First Training
Kirralea is a genuine advocate for the wellbeing of children, specialising in training child protection, children’s health & safety, guiding & supporting children’s behaviour and wellbeing. She lives and breathes early childhood education and it shines in her training.
Working as both a Trainer and Educator, she loves bringing her training to life with real and current experiences to support the learning of educators.
Kirralea has 25 years experience in the Early Childhood sector as an ECT, Manager and Director in Long Day Care and Preschool services – including working in a remote community on Magnetic Island in North Queensland. She has also enjoyed teaching at TAFE NSW and Open Colleges as both a Trainer and Assessor.