- This event has passed.
Transition to School – What Makes a Child Ready?
Wednesday August 10, 2022 | 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
This 1.5 hour session explores how we can best prepare our children and families for the transition to school with a focus on foundational life skills. We will look at emotional adaptability, social and cognitive competence and physical health & well-being. We will explore current research about children’s brain development, resilience and readiness for academic learning along with ideas for pre-numeracy and pre-literacy in it’s natural context. Strategies and ideas for educators and families will be shared to support a positive transition with resilience and foundational life skills as the focus.
- Outcome 1.2 Children develop their emerging autonomy, interdependence, resilience & sense of agency
- Outcome 1.3 Children develop knowledgeable & confident self-identities
- Outcome 2.1 Children develop a sense of belonging to groups & communities & an understanding of the reciprocal rights….
- Outcome 3.1 Children become strong in their social & emotional well-being
- Outcome 4: Children are confident & involved learners
- Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
- Principle: Partnerships
- Principle: High Expectations & Equity
- Practice: Holistic Approaches
- Practice: Learning through Play
Training Presenter: Kirsty Fantini, Early Years Training