1.5 – 2 hour session
In this training, early childhood educators as well as OOSH Educators will learn how to engage children in learning experiences during rainy days. Educators will explore different ways to incorporate indoor and outdoor activities, including sensory and dramatic play, arts and crafts, and STEM-based activities. Participants will also discuss strategies for creating a positive and safe learning environment during rainstorms that foster creativity, curiosity, and resilience in young children.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify key benefits of learning through play during rainy days.
- Describe creative and engaging activities that can be done indoors and outdoors during rainstorms.
- Develop strategies for ensuring a safe and positive learning environment during rainstorms.
- Apply knowledge gained from this training to create meaningful learning experiences for young children during future rainy days.
Links to NQF:
- QA 1- Educational Program and Practice
- QA 3 – Physical environment
Links to Learning Framework:
Practice: Play-based learning and intentionality, Learning environments & LO 2, LO 3, LO 4