1.5 – 2 hour session
Provoke further thinking in what creates a purposeful and meaningful observation.
Do you consider documentation as simply a ‘task’ to be completed each week or month, or is it part of a meaningful pedagogical process you undertake to gain a deeper understanding of each child? When we pay attention to the most meaningful encounters with children, the whole process becomes easier, more engaging and more satisfying.
Together we will look deeper into how to add value when creating observations for children including how the process of reflecting, analysing and extensions bring purpose and promote positive outcomes for children and families.
- Further understand the process of observing, reflecting, analysing and extending
- Briefly look into why we need to document and the link it has to creating meaningful observations.
- Identify key aspects of what quality observations contain
- Strategies for identifying meaningful moments with children
- Reflect on the requirements of Quality Area 1 of the NQF